Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Melinda's Heart in Blues and Plums

I started cutting this on the 2nd anniversary of my 29th birthday (September 2011).  So far all I've gotten to do is cut and sew the strip sets.  I'm hoping I'll have an opportunity to at least iron them this weekend.


When I sewed this pattern for my mother in 2009, I found out just how important accurate pressing is in bargello, so I'm making myself take my time and keep everything parallel. 


I also learned to make an extra of each strip set in case I develop a twitch or sneeze when I'm cutting.  Seriously, it's an issue sometimes.  Don't believe anyone who says they have zero issues when it comes to cutting accurately, consistently.


Worst case, I pull the staples from my fabric key and use these strips if I exhaust all my extras. 

"They all think I'm crazy but to me it's perfect sense." - Nothing by The Script

No comments:

Post a Comment